One step closer to 1.12!
We are so near to 1.12 today that people feel just like it really is time for a Pre-release! We anticipate to get at least yet another pre-release in a few days, but no critical bugs are observed subsequently and when all goes well a launch that is full is reasonably at hand!
Changes in Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 1
- Added new advancements:
- A Furious Cocktail – Have every potion effect applied at the same time
- Postmortal – Use a Totem of Undying to cheat death
- Subspace Bubble – Use the Nether to travel 7km in the Overworld
- Uneasy Alliance – Rescue a Ghast from the Nether, bring it safely home to the Overworld… and then kill it.
hiddenfield to advancement display info, defaults to false
- Added new
functionto advancement rewards
- Added new function system, which are plaintext files in
- Functions are a list of commands, one line per command, with //comment (or #comment) support
- Added new
- Added new gamerule “gameLoopFunction”, a function to be executed once per tick
- Advancement trees are now centered in the UI
- Items & entities in advancements have an extra
NBTfield (string NBT, like in commands)
- Entities in advancements have an extra
commandsfrom advancement rewards
- Recipe book
- Optimized the recipe book
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If a bug is not reported by anybody, it can’t be fixed by us!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the “launch options” tab. Check the box saying “Enable snapshots” and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdow menu next to the “Play” button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the “launch options” page).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.